The New York Credit Union Association’s 2018 Compliance & Legal Conference concluded yesterday in Verona. Over the course of two days, attendees heard from several leading attorneys and compliance experts, who discussed the many legal and regulatory issues credit unions should be preparing for.
This year’s list of presenters included:
- James Amanatides, JFA Connect AVP and general counsel;
- Linda Bow, Association director of compliance;
- Michael Lieberman, Association VP of governmental affairs;
- Henry Meier, Association general counsel;
- Carlos Molina, CUNA Mutual Group risk management consultant;
- Charles J. Nerko and Mark C. Svalina, attorneys at Vedder Price P.C.; and
- Thomas O’Donnell and Frank Ferrucci, CPA partners at Wojeski & Company.
Session topics focused on HR and employee-related legal issues, compliance in the digital age, practical law, legislative matters and general compliance updates.
To view pictures from the event, visit the Association’s Facebook page.