Clarence Community & Schools FCU and CORE FCU both received national Recognition Awards at the 2018 CUNA Governmental Affairs Conference. The two New York credit unions were honored during a special awards reception Wednesday evening.
As previously reported in The Point, the credit unions both received first-place Desjardins Youth Financial Education Awards, which recognize credit unions that demonstrate a significant commitment to youth financial education.
Clarence Community & Schools FCU received their award in the category for credit unions with less than $50 million in assets, and CORE FCU received their award in the $50 million – $250 million asset category.
Below is a complete list of national Recognition Award winners from CUNA.
First-place winners for the Dora Maxwell Award include:
- Patterson FCU, Arkadelphia, Arkansas;
- Financial One CU, Columbia Heights, Minnesota;
- Financial Center First Credit Union, Indianapolis, Indiana;
- American Heritage FCU, Philadelphia; and
- Southwest Credit Union Outreach Alliance, Ohio.
First-place winners for the Louise Herring Award include:
- Riverways FCU, Rolla, Missouri;
- Public Service CU, Romulus, Michigan;
- St. Louis Community CU, Saint Louis; and
- Hanscom FCU, Hanscom Air Force Base, Massachusetts.
First-place winners for the Desjardins Youth Financial Education Award include:
- Clarence Community & Schools FCU, Clarence, New York;
- CORE Federal CU, East Syracuse, New York;
- Community Financial CU, Plymouth, Michigan;
- GESA CU, Richland, Washington; and
- Northwest Credit Union Outreach Alliance, Ohio.
First-place winners for the Desjardins Adult Financial Education Award include:
- Electro Savings CU, Saint Louis;
- Financial Center First CU, Indianapolis; and
- Patelco CU, Pleasanton, California.