Alternatives FCU in Ithaca was one of 17 low-income credit unions to be awarded with an NCUA grant to provide financial literacy coaching and enhance economic opportunities for members in low-income communities. In total, NCUA provided $536,000 to the grant recipients, who can use the grants to:
- provide micro-loans to small businesses;
- provide payday alternative loans;
- support workforce development training;
- support the use of innovative technology; and
- encourage credit union partnerships with community organizations.
About Recognition Round-Up
Credit unions and credit union leaders receiving a significant local, state or national award are encouraged to email email@example.com for recognition in The Point and on the Association’s Facebook page. Photos and related press releases may also be attached with the email.